Valletta, Wednesday 3rd April,
The Costa Fascinosa was the venue for the launch of weekly cruises on board Costa Pacifica in 2020. 32 departures will be operated from late March to early November (2020) – the first time a full “summer season” operation by Costa is taking place since 2013.
The announcement has been presented by The Hon Konrad Mizzi, Minister for Tourism and Alessandro Bottaro – Regional Sales & Marketing Director for Costa Cruises who hosted the reception on board together with Michael Abele, Commercial Director of local exclusive sales agents Orange Travel Group
Minister for Tourism Konrad Mizzi said “We are very pleased that Costa Cruises will be doubling their calls to the Valletta Cruise Port in 2020, which will result in an increase of more than 60% in Costa cruise passengers. This affirms Malta’s Excellent relationship with one of the world’s leading cruise companies”
Regional Sales & Marketing Director for Costa Cruises, Mr. Alessandro Bottaro said, Costa has had a strong bond with Malta and its people for a very long time. It is a great pleasure for us each time we return to this beautiful island and its people whose strength is their warm hospitality. Maltese guests have shown appreciation for our cruises for many years and we are proud that the Costa Pacifica will continue to offer many wonderful experiences to the Maltese people during the season 2020. Special thanks go to all the team at Orange Travel Group who has always supported us with perseverance and passion. It is an honor for us to have them as our GSA in Malta and, above all, as friends of Costa Cruises
Costa Pacifica 2020 season highlights:
- 32 sailings out of Malta, starting on 31 March and ending on 03 November 2020.
- One-week cruises visiting: Sardinia / Sicily, Rome (Civitavecchia), Genova, Barcelona & Mallorca.
- Costa Pacifica snapshot: 1,504 staterooms, Facilities: 5 restaurants | 13 bars | Samsara Spa: 6,000 m2 on two levels, with gym, baths, thalassotherapy pool, treatment rooms, sauna, Turkish bath, UVA-ray solarium. |5 Jacuzzis | 4 pools, two with retractable covers | Multipurpose sports pitch | Outdoor jogging track |Theatre on three levels | Casino | Disco | Recording Studio | Grand Prix Simulator with single-seater racing car | Pool deck with retractable glass roof and giant screen | Water slide | Internet Point | Library | Shopping Center | Virtual World | Squok Club | Children’s pool.
- Starting prices (in Malta) for one-week cruise: Adults at €499, Children (under 18) at €150.
- Super Early Booking Prices valid until 31 May 2019.
- Bookings via Orange’s preferred partners: SMSMondial (tel: 2277 6000) or all reputable travel agents.
In the picture above: (from L to R) Mr. Michael Abele – Commercial Director for OTG, The Hon Dr. Konrad Mizzi – Minister of Tourism, Mr. Alessandro Bottaro – Regional Sales & Marketing Director for Costa Cruises and Mr. Stephen Xuereb, CEO for Valletta Cruise Port